Join the Seersucker Mafia
Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, Ken Howery, Max Levchin, and Luke Nosek founded PayPal in 1988, which soon became one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world. But these five guys didn't stop here. They would go on to start Tesla Motors, LinkedIn, Palantir Technologies, SpaceX, YouTube, Yelp, and Yammer—just to name a few. Soon enough, people started referring to them as the PayPal Mafia.
Our aspirations are similar in scale: We're creating the platform for Millennials to publish the best writing out there. We're assembling the Seersucker Mafia, and, unlike golf, the more the merrier.
Want to write?
We publish journalism-based features, spanning our lifestyle, politics, opinion, culture, style and food sections.
- Most stories on Seersucker are longer than 1000 words because we want depth. But if you have something shorter that's awesome, we'll gladly take a look.
- We pay our writers based on the quality and depth of their work, not by pageviews (suck it, Forbes.)
- Images are as important as words. Send some photography along with your story if you have it.
- Let us know if a Seersucker contributor referred you.
- Don’t pull a Jonah Lehrer
Want to code/design/make a difference?
And if you're interested in another side of the business, from tech to design to non-profit work, let's talk—there's a lot in the pipeline.